The purpose was to select the 10 best wines from Touriga Nacional, but the jury couldn't decide, so the Top 10 was transformed into Top 12. The results were released last Saturday at the Wines of Portugal Conference.
The theme of the first Wines of Portugal Conference was "Discover Touriga Nacional”. Viniportugal took the opportunity to invite an international jury building a Touriga Nacional’s top 10 only with Portuguese Wines.
The jury was chaired by British Master of Wine Jancis Robinson and had member from Brazil, USA, Nordic Countries, UK, China, Japan, Germany and Portugal. The wine tasting was guided by Beatriz Machado, Wine Director of The Yeatman Hotel, where the jury has reached its final verdict.
The top 12 Touriga Nacional wines are listed in alphabetical order:
- Alfaraz Touriga Nacional 2008 - Alentejo
- Churchill'sEstates Touriga Nacional 2008 - Douro
- Encontro Touriga Nacional 2008 - Bairrada
- Herdade São Miguel Touriga Nacional 2008 - Alentejo
- Inquieto Touriga Nacional 2008 - Douro
- Marques dos Vales Grace 2008 - Algarve
- Munda 2008 - Dão
- Pedra Cancela Touriga Nacional 2008 - Dão
- Quinta da Pedra Alta Touriga Nacional 2007- Douro
- Quinta das Marias 2008 - Dão
- Quinta do Cardo Touriga Nacional 2008 - Beira Interior
- Quinta do Vallado Touriga Nacional 2008 - Douro